Thank you for the overwhelming response from all interested organisations from across the country. The deadline for application submission to apply for the grant under the 18 for 18 community project was until 31st December, 2023.
CSR/Sustainability at Ncell
CSR/Sustainability is ingrained in our DNA. At Ncell our focus remains on connecting with local communities with the underlying theme—Here For You via sustainable projects that create an impact at large. As a responsible Corporate Citizen, we have made a significant contribution in community development programs and have invested over Rs 1.80 billion in numerous social projects with focus on Health, Education and Environment as major focus.
Overview of the project
In line with our vision ‘Leave No One Behind’, we are committed to drive social causes that impact our community and people at large. CSR/Sustainability is ingrained in our DNA and via our initiatives, we aspire to touch lives of people by being a change maker and building a strong emotional connect with every Nepali.
Our Commitment & promise to drive social cause aspiring to serve people of Nepal at large. Reinforcing and renewing our commitment-- Ncell is Here For You” Building an emotional connect with people of Nepal via impactful community projects that helps to transform/touch their lives.
Community Project Modality
With an intent to reach and connect with local people of Nepal from all the Provinces, application from organizations (not-for-profit) is called for implementation of the projects in their community that provide local solutions to local problems. The seed fund for such community projects is Rs. 10 lakh for one project in one community. The project is to be implemented in collaboration with local government in line with the priority areas as detailed below.
Our Focus Areas for Community Projects
Our Primary focus area remains as ensuring access to good health care services at the remotest part of Nepal and access to quality education to all. We are seeking in applications from eligible not for profit companies for impactful projects under below verticals broadly categorized as Primary and Secondary focus areas which is in line with the Industrial Enterprise Regulation, 2019.
Primary Focus Areas:
1. Education: Projects that help to improve the educational outcomes for disadvantaged communities. Proposals can include support for community libraries, literacy programs for children and adults, support for resource centres, inclusive education for people living with disabilities, innovative ways to unlock digital learning, support for STEM education in schools, teacher training etc.
2. Health: Projects that help communities improve health outcomes. Providing medicine and health equipment to community health organizations, running heath awareness programs, health camps and other health related works in marginalized communities.
Secondary Focus Areas:
1. Environment: Projects in line with promoting Climate Action drive, supporting towards Net Zero Carbon Emissions, Sustainability campaigns at community level, promoting Going Green in line with SDGs and ESG global frameworks.
2. Disaster Response and Preparedness: Projects that helps to support the disaster preparedness and response at the community level for disasters including Flood, Landslide, Earthquake, Fire, among other disaster situations and solutions to minimize the impact of these disasters at community level.
3. Livelihood Support: Skill development and income generating programs to people with Low income; people from backward areas, village women, disabled peoples, minority groups and marginalized society.
- Only organisations but exclusively not-for-profit can apply for the grant
- Must have a significant experience working in the field of community development projects
- Organisations must have and display the leadership, financial management, experience, expertise and capacity to effectively carry out the proposed program activities.
Should you require further clarification, please do not hesitate to contact us on 9805554444 or email HereForYou@ncell.axiata.com